Cranberries in Snow
- CKD non-dialysis
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3 ounces cherry gelatin mix
- 2-3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, canned in juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a medium sauce pan, boil water.
- Add cranberries, return to boil then reduce heat to medium. Cook until tender (10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in gelatin and 2 cups of the sugar or Splenda. Stir until sweetener is dissolved. Let cool (approximately 30 minutes.)
- Add drained pineapple to gelatin. Mix well. Pour into a 9" x 13" pan and chill until set (approximately 1 hour).
- Set cream cheese out to soften.
- After cranberry dish is set, make topping in a large bowl by mixing remaining 3/4-cup sugar or Splenda®, cream cheese and whipped topping until smooth.
- Spread topping smoothly over cranberries.
- Refrigerate to chill topping. Serve cold.