Cranberry Orange Biscotti
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl beat sugar, butter, orange zest and salt with a mixer. Add eggs, one at a time and mix until well blended. Slowly add flour mixture and mix until all flour is incorporated.
- With a spoon, mix macadamia nuts and cranberries into dough.
- Remove dough from bowl onto a very lightly floured surface; form dough into a loaf that is approx 12” long and 3” wide.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until barely golden on surface. Remove from oven cool loaf for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cut the cooled loaf into 3/4”-thick slices using a bread knife. Place slices back on the baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes until biscotti are lightly golden. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 151
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 20 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 37 mg
- Sodium 72 mg
- Potassium 29 mg
- Phosphorus 34 mg
- Calcium 27 mg
- Fiber 0.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Cooking times vary with each oven.
- Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for about one week.
- Great for gift-giving around the holidays.