Creamy Vanilla Delight
- CKD non-dialysis
3" x 2-1/2" piece
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 stick unsalted margarine
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 8 ounces whipped dessert topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cartons ready-to-eat vanilla pudding
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Set margarine, cream cheese and whipped topping to soften.
- Combine flour and margarine, and press into a 9" x 13"pan. (Do not grease or spray pan with nonstick spray.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust starts to brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and half of the whipped topping in a bowl and blend until smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- In a small bowl combine pudding and vanilla extract. Spread pudding over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle coconut on top. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Cut into 15 servings. Enjoy!
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 232
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 30 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Sodium 112 mg
- Potassium 58 mg
- Phosphorus 40 mg
- Calcium 101 mg
- Fiber 0.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 milk
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- Ready-to-eat pudding is lower in phosphorus and sodium compared to the cook and serve or instant pudding mix. Snack Pack Pudding® brand ready-to-eat vanilla pudding does not contain phosphate additives, however it is high in calcium, so avoid if you are on a low calcium diet.
- Use four 3.25 ounce containers, (1 package) of ready-made pudding.
- Try different flavors of pudding for a variety of tastes.
- Substitute Splenda® or other low calorie sweetener for sugar to reduce carbohydrate to 19 grams per serving (one carbohydrate choice).