Florida Key Lime Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup unsalted margarine
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 13 ounces canned Eagle Brand® Sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- 4 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 F°. Set Cool Whip out to defrost.
- Melt margarine and add graham cracker crumbs and sugar; mix thoroughly. Save 1 to 2 tablespoons crumb mixture to sprinkle on top of pie.
- Press into a 9” pie shell. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- Add lime juice to condensed milk and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1/2 container Cool Whip to mixture and mix well.
- Add 3-4 drops green food coloring and mix well.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip. Sprinkle leftover crumb mixture on pie.
- Pie may be frozen, if desired.