- CKD non-dialysis
1/12 of 12-inch pizza
8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping
- 1 medium apple
- 20 grapes
- 4 medium strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 roll frozen sugar cookie dough
Preheat oven to 325°F. Set Cool Whip out to thaw.
Core and thinly slice apple. Cut grapes in half and slice strawberries.
Cook sugar, pineapple juice, lemon juice, and cornstarch over medium heat until thickened.
Slice cookie dough in 1/4" slices. Place close together on pizza pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake as directed on package or at 325°F until brown. Set aside to cool completely.
Combine apple slices and lemon juice.
Beat cream cheese with Cool Whip until fluffy. Spread on cooled cookie crust.
Arrange fruit slices on top of cream cheese. Use your imagination to create a masterpiece!
Pour cooled pineapple glaze over the fruit and refrigerate several hours before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 293
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 42 g
- Fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 25 mg
- Sodium 166 mg
- Potassium 106 mg
- Phosphorus 37 mg
- Calcium 24 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 fruit , low potassium
- 2 fat
- 1 high calorie
Other fruit such as blueberries, pears, raspberries can be substituted for the apple, grapes and strawberries.
- For diabetics substitute Splenda® granular sweetener for sugar to reduce carbohydrate to 28 grams, 2 carbohydrate choices. Reducing the portion size also helps lower carbohydrate content.