Grandma Steele’s Wedding JELL-O®
- 2 small boxes sugar-free cherry JELL-O® mix
- 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 8 ounces sugar-free Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping, thawed
- Prepare the gelatin according to package directions, then refrigerate and let set to firm.
- Once the gelatin is completely firm, mix together the protein powder and the thawed Cool Whip. Add mixture to the set gelatin and either mix with an electric beater or swiftly mix with a fork.
- Allow to chill before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 40
- Protein 7 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Sodium 39 mg
- Potassium 40 mg
- Phosphorus 51 mg
- Calcium 26 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- If you need to follow a lower protein meal plan, omit the protein powder.
- The protein powder can be purchased at Walmart. If unavailable ask your dietitian to recommend a brand.