- CKD non-dialysis
1/8 of 9" pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, separate yolks and whites
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pie shell, 9" size, unbaked
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Beat sugar and butter until creamed. Add beaten egg yolks and stir.
- Add flour, lemon peel, lemon juice and milk. Stir to mix.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry, until peaks form. Fold egg whites into lemon mixture and mix gently—do not over mix.
- Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 450° F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° F and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until filling sets and top is golden brown.