Lemon Cream Cheesecake
- CKD non-dialysis
1/10th of pie
- 6 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 24 crackers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons lemon gelatin mix
- 8 ounces Cool Whip® non-dairy dessert topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt margarine and add to the graham cracker crumbs.
- Add granulated sugar and mix well.
- Press mixture firmly around the bottom and the sides of an 8? pie pan.
- Bake pie crust for 7 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl until smooth; set aside.
- In a small pan, add gelatin to COLD water and stir to dissolve. Stir continuously over low heat until mixture starts to thicken.
- Pour gelatin into the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold Cool Whip into the gelatin and cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pie pan and refrigerate for a least 2 hours.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 336
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Fat 24 g
- Cholesterol 37 mg
- Sodium 215 mg
- Potassium 93 mg
- Phosphorus 49 mg
- Calcium 38 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1/2 milk
- 3 fat
- 1 high calorie
- Cool pie crust completely before adding the filling.
- Add more margarine if crumbled graham crackers are not moist enough.
- Water for the gelatin must be COLD.