Lemon Icebox Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup water, heated to boiling
- 1 small box sugar-free lemon gelatin mix
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 8 ounces fat-free Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 9" size
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Let stand about five minutes.
- Add sour cream, half of the Cool Whip, lemon juice and, if desired, a few drops of yellow food coloring to the dissolved gelatin.
- Pour into pie shell. Chill in refrigerator until set.
- When ready to serve, spread remaining Cool Whip over pie.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 148
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 17 g
- Fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 11 mg
- Sodium 153 mg
- Potassium 66 mg
- Phosphorus 58 mg
- Calcium 30 mg
- Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 high calorie
- 1-1/2 fat
- If desired you can freeze this pie and serve as a frozen dessert.
- Need extra calories? Use regular gelatin, sour cream and whipped topping instead of the low sugar and low fat products.