Lemon Yogurt Parfait
- 16 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Divide into 4 portions and chill until ready to eat.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 70
- Protein 11 g
- Carbohydrates 11 g
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 45 mg
- Potassium 172 mg
- Phosphorus 150 mg
- Calcium 126 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1/2 high calorie
- Layer yogurt with fruit to transform this delicious parfait into an elegant dessert.
- ReaLemon® lemon juice or ReaLime® lime juice can be used instead of fresh lemon.
- Check with your dietitian to be sure this recipe is acceptable for your individual diet. Greek yogurt is a significant source of protein, potassium, phosphorus and calcium. This recipe provides an easy way to increase protein intake but portion must be limited to keep other nutrients of concern within an acceptable amount.