Low Fat Heavenly Fruit Hash
- CKD non-dialysis
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 8 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon coconut for topping (optional)
- Mash light cream cheese using a wooden spoon. Add crushed pineapple with juice and drained cherries. Stir to mix well.
- Gently fold in marshmallows. Top with coconut, if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve, or overnight.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 157
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 25 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 13 mg
- Sodium 160 mg
- Potassium 141 mg
- Phosphorus 44 mg
- Calcium 43 mg
- Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
- 1 high calorie
- For a Valentine dish, add some cherry juice for a pink color.
- This can be used as a dessert or spread on top of bagels.