Low Sugar Carrot Cake
- CKD non-dialysis
1 piece 2-1/4" x 2-1/2"
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 cup Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Splenda® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Combine oil and Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking. Add in one egg at a time, mixing after each egg is added.
- Gradually add dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in shredded carrots. Pour into baking pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- To make icing, combine butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add Splenda® granulated sweetener while beating. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Spread icing on cake after it cools well.