Luscious Lime Dessert
- CKD non-dialysis
- 20 ounces canned pineapple chunks
- 1-1/2 tablespoon frozen limeade concentrate
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Open the can of pineapple and drain.
- Place pineapple chunks on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze.
- When chunks are frozen, place in food processor or blender.
- Add limeade and lime juice. Process until well blended and fluffy in texture.
- Serve immediately or freeze in 1/2-cup servings.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 64
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 16 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 9 mg
- Potassium 104 mg
- Phosphorus 8 mg
- Calcium 1 mg
- Fiber 0.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Protein powder can be added for a more nutritious snack/dessert. Mix it into the lime juice before adding to the processed pineapple.