Old Fashioned Short Bread Cookies
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- Cream margarine and beat in sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix. Knead dough to incorporate the flour. Form into a ball.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough out about 1/4” thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut with cookie cutters, or with a knife into diamond shapes. Bake cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet at 325° F for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 129
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 15 g
- Fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 91 mg
- Potassium 38 mg
- Phosphorus 12 mg
- Calcium 7 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Decorate cookies with cinnamon, colored sugar or icing for a holiday touch.