- CKD non-dialysis
4 cups fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose white flour
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup margarine
1-1/4 cup whipped topping (optional)
mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 9” x 9” baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Mix peaches with lemon juice and granulated sugar or Splenda® granular sweetener. Pour into baking dish.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until fruit is soft and crumbs are brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with two tablespoons nondairy whipped topping and a mint leaf.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 265
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 42 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 112 mg
- Potassium 212 mg
- Phosphorus 37 mg
- Calcium 24 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- If fresh peaches are unavailable, use canned or frozen sliced peaches.
- 2 medium peaches yield approximately 1 cup when peeled and sliced.
- If made with Splenda No Calorie Sweetener granular and Splenda brown sugar blend, calories decrease to 247 and 32 g carbohydrate. Count as 2 carbohydrate choices.