- CKD non-dialysis
1 piece or 1/8 pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, 10” size
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 ounces Cool Whip® frozen dessert topping, thawed
- 1 cup juice-packed peaches, drained then pureed
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope unflavored Knox® gelatin
- Gradually beat in sugar into softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in Cool Whip®.
- Drain peaches and puree in food processor or blender. Add fruit puree to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and stir it well for approximately one minute to cool.
- Add gelatin to fruit and cream cheese mixture. Mix well then pour filling into the pie shell.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to set before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 336
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 35 g
- Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 51 mg
- Sodium 265 mg
- Potassium 103 mg
- Phosphorus 54 mg
- Calcium 37 mg
- Fiber 0.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 fruit, low potassium
- 1 starch
- 4 fat
- 1/2 high calorie
- To make your own crust see DaVita.com recipe for Graham Cracker Crust.
- Diabetics can substitute Equal®, Splenda® sweetener or other sugar substitute if desired. Carbohydrate is reduced to 5 grams per serving.
- To reduce fat substitute low-fat or fat-free cream cheese and whipped topping.
- Fruit option: use one cup of mango pulp available in Asian grocery stores. Reduce sugar to 1/4 cup with mango pulp since it is sweetened.