Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- CKD non-dialysis
one bar, 2-inch square
- 5 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Set out butter and cream cheese to soften.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter to make crumb mixture.
- Set aside 3/4-cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into bottom of a 8" x 8" x 1-1/2" baking pan.
- Bake in for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Cool slightly.
- Lightly beat eggs. Combine cream cheese, sugar (or substitute Splenda®), pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, allspice and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake an additional 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 184
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 22 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 52 mg
- Sodium 84 mg
- Potassium 62 mg
- Phosphorus 40 mg
- Calcium 28 mg
- Fiber 0.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Be sure to pack brown sugar when measuring 1/3 cup.
- Substitute Splenda® granular sweetener for 3/4 cup sugar to reduce carbohydrate to 14 grams per serving.
- Pumpkin is high in potassium but the small amount per serving keeps this recipe kidney-friendly.