Red, White and Blue Pie
- CKD non-dialysis
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup red raspberry preserves
- 8 ounces light frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust, 9" size
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- To make filling, beat cream cheese and preserves with until smooth with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Reserve one spoon full of whipped topping for decoration. Fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture and mix on low speed.
- Spread filling evenly over the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Arrange blueberries around outer ring of pie. Layer strawberries or raspberries around inner ring of pie.
- Finish decorating with a dollop of whipped topping in the center.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 204
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 29 g
- Fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 13 mg
- Sodium 159 mg
- Potassium 116 mg
- Phosphorus 45 mg
- Calcium 41 mg
- Fiber 1.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 starch
- 1 fruit
- 1/2 non-dairy
People with diabetes can use sugar-free or low-sugar preserves to reduce the carbohydrate content of this recipe.
Portion leftover pie into single servings, wrap and freeze for a quick dessert later.
For variety make pie with different fresh fruits and preserves. Try strawberries, peaches, pineapple or mandarin oranges.