Slow Cooker Mixed Fruit Pudding
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 ounces canned chunky mixed fruit, canned in fruit juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup rice milk, Rice Dream® original, unenriched
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Cut bread into cubes and place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Drain juice from fruit, reserving in a separate bowl. Add fruit to slow cooker.
In a mixing bowl whisk melted butter, rice milk, drained juice, eggs and brown sugar until combined. Pour mixture over bread and fruit.
Cover with lid and cook on high setting for 2 hours.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 210
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 31 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 87 mg
- Sodium 137 mg
- Potassium 185 mg
- Phosphorus 66 mg
- Calcium 53 mg
- Fiber 1.6 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 meat
- 1 starch
- 1 fruit
- 1 fat
- Use day old bread for best results.