Soft Ginger Cookies
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/8 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid low cholesterol egg substitute
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in 1 cup sugar.
- Add liquid egg substitute and molasses; beat well.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-1/2" balls, using about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough for each.
- Roll balls in the remaining sugar to coat.
- Place balls about 2-1/2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown and still puffed. (Do not over bake.)
- Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 142
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 20 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 16 mg
- Sodium 59 mg
- Potassium 70 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Calcium 13 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- If dough is too soft to handle refrigerate for 1/2 hour for easier handling.
- Store cookies in a sealed container to keep soft.