- CKD non-dialysis
- 15 ounces canned peach halves in extra light syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon grated orange rind
- Drain peaches; reserve the juice and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, whole cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and orange rind in a medium saucepan.
- Add reserved peach juice to the spice mixture. Stir mixture well and add peaches.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Divide peaches into dessert dishes; serve warm.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 62
- Protein 0 g
- Carbohydrates 16 g
- Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 7 mg
- Potassium 104 mg
- Phosphorus 16 mg
- Calcium 9 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Use sliced peaches instead of halves if desired.
- For higher calories use peaches canned in heavy syrup.