- CKD non-dialysis
1/8 of pie
- 1 unbaked pie shell, 9” size
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons nondairy topping (optional)
- Bake pie shell as directed on package. Set aside to cool.
- Mash 2 cups of the strawberries and combine with sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
- Place ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture is thick and clear. Let cool.
- Slice remaining strawberries and add to cooled mixture.
- Pour into cooled pie shell. Cover and place in refrigerator until chilled.
Serve with non-dairy whipped topping if desired.