- CKD non-dialysis
- 24 large strawberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup strawberry-flavored cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Remove stems from strawberries.
- Place point down side up on a cutting board and cut a deep “x” in the top of each strawberry. Carefully spread berries apart.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon filling into each berry.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 56
- Protein 1 g
- Carbohydrates 4 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 12 mg
- Sodium 31 mg
- Potassium 75 mg
- Phosphorus 22 mg
- Calcium 18 mg
- Fiber 0.8 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/4 fruit, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Try stuffed strawberries at your next party or potluck. Your guests are sure to love this one.
- Strawberries are a very low carbohydrate fruit. That’s why 2 large strawberries are counted as zero carbohydrate choices and only 1/4 serving of fruit.
- One large strawberry is 1-3/8” diameter, not to be confused with extra large strawberries, 1-5/8” diameter. Twenty-four large strawberries is approximately one pound.