Triple Berry Protein Parfait
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup frozen non-dairy whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 1 packet sugar-free sweetener
- Combine all berries in mixing bowl and sprinkle with sweetener to taste.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Vigorously mix protein powder into whipped topping.
- Layer berries and whipped topping in alternating layers into martini glass or bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 117
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrates 14 g
- Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 7 mg
- Potassium 140 mg
- Phosphorus 41 mg
- Calcium 29 mg
- Fiber 2.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1/2 meat
- You can use either fresh or frozen fruit.
- Jamie uses ProSource® protein powder and Stevia sweetener when she makes the parfait, but you can substitute your preferred brands.