Warm Bread Pudding
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 4 slices raisin bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Spray an 8" round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and egg whites until foamy. Beat in almond milk, honey, vanilla, and rum or rum extract.
- Cut bread into cubes and stir into egg mixture. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- To serve, spoon warm pudding into dessert dishes.