- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 cups celery
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup margarine
- 15 slices white bread
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat over to 325° F.
- Chop celery and onion. Cube the bread slices.
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat and sauté celery and onion, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1/3 of the bread cubes.
- Remove from heat and place bread mixture in a deep bowl.
- Add remaining bread, sage, thyme, pepper and poultry seasoning and mix well.
- Place stuffing in a greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 211
- Protein 3 g
- Carbohydrates 16 g
- Fat 15 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 229 mg
- Potassium 86 mg
- Phosphorus 39 mg
- Calcium 47 mg
- Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Boxed stuffing mix has over 500 mg sodium per 1/2 cup serving.
- 1 cup of margarine is equal to 2 sticks or 16 tablespoons. Choose a brand without trans fats.