Chicken and Summer Squash Bow-Tie Pasta
- CKD non-dialysis
- 6 ounces bow-tie pasta, uncooked
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen summer squash
- 1 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® Table Blend herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare bow-tie pasta per package instructions without adding salt. Drain.
- Dice chicken. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Add frozen squash to the skillet with chicken. Heat through.
- Add Mrs. Dash® Table Blend seasoning and salt to chicken and squash.
- Stir cooked pasta into chicken mixture. Add 1 tablespoon butter and stir until melted.
- Divide into 4 portions and sprinkle each serving with 1/2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese before serving.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 332
- Protein 20 g
- Carbohydrates 36 g
- Fat 12 g
- Cholesterol 62 mg
- Sodium 144 mg
- Potassium 398 mg
- Phosphorus 214 mg
- Calcium 63 mg
- Fiber 2.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable
- 1 fat
- Use fresh summer squash when in season. Cook until tender.
- Salt is optional. If omitted sodium is 77 mg per serving.
- Adjust the amount of chicken for a high- or low-protein diet.
- Refrigerate leftover portions for a quick meal over the next few days or freeze for later.