Chicken Vegetable Linguine
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces linguine, uncooked
- 3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup baby carrots
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- Cut up chicken into small strips.
- Heat pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- Add chicken to pan and cook until done.
- Cook 1/2 package of linguine according to package directions.
- Cut up broccoli and cauliflower to bite-size pieces.
- When chicken is cooked, add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, tomatoes and lemon juice, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add drained pasta to pan and then add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and stir.
- Add Mrs. Dash, stir and simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 343
- Protein 25 g
- Carbohydrates 38 g
- Fat 10 g
- Cholesterol 61 mg
- Sodium 74 mg
- Potassium 416 mg
- Phosphorus 236 mg
- Calcium 39 mg
- Fiber 1.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Use your favorite variety of Mrs. Dash herb seasoning blend.