Cranberry and Roasted Garlic Risotto
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 cup onion
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice, uncooked
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweetened, dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a covered casserole dish.
- Mince onion.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add roasted garlic and onion in saucepan and cook over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and dried cranberries to rice mixture. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 267
- Protein 8 g
- Carbohydrates 43 g
- Fat 7 g
- Cholesterol 17 mg
- Sodium 100 mg
- Potassium 184 mg
- Phosphorus 66 mg
- Calcium 46 mg
- Fiber 2.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- 1 fat
- Prepare roasted garlic from DaVita.com's recipe for Roasted Garlic or use bottled garlic spread.
- Arborio rice is medium-grain rice with a high starch content. It is grown in Italy and is traditionally used in risotto recipes.