Creamy Pasta Primavera
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup carrots
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup Rice Dream® Original Classic rice drink
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice carrots, cube cream cheese and shop green onion.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package (without salt). During last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli and carrots to water. Drain.
- Mix cream cheese, Rice Dream®, Parmesan cheese, onion and seasonings in a large saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta and vegetables together; toss lightly and serve hot.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 306
- Protein 9 g
- Carbohydrates 36 g
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 43 mg
- Sodium 188 mg
- Potassium 242 mg
- Phosphorus 134 mg
- Calcium 87 mg
- Fiber 2.0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 3 fat
- For a higher protein dish add chicken or shrimp.
- Frozen broccoli and carrots can be substituted for the fresh vegetables.
- Enriched rice milk contains added phosphorus and calcium. Look for the unenriched products.