Creamy Pasta Primavera
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup carrots
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 8 ounces whole wheat bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup Rice Dream® Original Classic rice drink
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice carrots, chop green onion, and cube cream cheese .
- Prepare pasta as directed on package (without salt). During last 5 minutes of cooking time, add broccoli and carrots to water. Drain.
- Mix cream cheese, Rice Dream®, Parmesan cheese, onion and seasonings in a large saucepan; cook on low heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta and vegetables together; toss lightly and serve hot.