- CKD non-dialysis
- 3/4 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop onion, green pepper and garlic.
- In a casserole or saucepan sauté rice in oil until rice is light brown, stirring frequently.
- Add onion and green pepper and continue to sauté until vegetables are tender but not browned.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add broth, water and black pepper. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes until rice is cooked.