Lemony Rice Pilaf
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Chop onion and mince parsley and garlic.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a Dutch oven. When melted, add onion and garlic; stir frequently. After 2 to 3 minutes, add the rice, tossing grains well to coat with fat. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, seasonings, and parmesan cheese to rice. Mix well.
- Heat chicken broth to a boil and add to rice mixture. Stir well. Cover with lid, and place in pre-heated oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fluff with two forks.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.