- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 ounces frozen pre-cooked small shrimp
- 10 ounces cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Thaw the shrimp. Cut chicken breast into bite-sized cubes. Chop the green pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add rice and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the stock, salsa, green pepper and turmeric and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover the skillet and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and chicken. Cover skillet and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 292
- Protein 28 g
- Carbohydrates 39 g
- Fat 4 g
- Cholesterol 116 mg
- Sodium 270 mg
- Potassium 434 mg
- Phosphorus 234 mg
- Calcium 37 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2-1/2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
- Buy frozen, precooked shrimp that has been peeled and deveined.
- Compare salsa brands and select the lowest sodium product.