Ravioli and Zucchini
- CKD non-dialysis
- Julienne cut zuchinni and slice green onion; coarsely chop bell pepper.
- Cook ravioli as directed on the package.
- Spray a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, green onions, bell pepper, garlic powder, basil and black pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Drain ravioli, add broth, and stir into the vegetable mixture.
- Cover skillet and cook over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes, or until thoroughly heated. Stir occasionally, being careful not to break the ravioli.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 258
- Protein 12 g
- Carbohydrates 27 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 57 mg
- Sodium 258 mg
- Potassium 405 mg
- Phosphorus 155 mg
- Calcium 54 mg
- Fiber 2.4 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1-1/2 meat
- 1-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- If vegetables are prepared earlier, this is a quick and easy meal that anyone can put together.
- Goes well with tossed salad and French bread.
- Try other types of ravioli--frozen or fresh, beef or chicken.