- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup vermicelli, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
Chop onion, celery and parsley. Break vermicelli into small pieces.
Melt margarine in a skillet that has a cover.
Sauté onion and celery for 1 minute.
Add the rice and vermicelli and stir for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken broth, water and parsley. Bring to boil.
Cover and reduce to simmer about 15 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 200
- Protein 2 g
- Carbohydrates 35 g
- Fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 147 mg
- Potassium 95 mg
- Phosphorus 47 mg
- Calcium 32 mg
- Fiber 1.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Angel hair pasta can be substituted for the vermicelli in this recipe.