Singapore Rice Noodles
- CKD non-dialysis
1/6 of recipe, approximately 1-1/2 cups
- 8 ounces thin rice noodles
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 medium carrots
- 4 scallions
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 14 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Prepare the rice noodles according to the package directions and drain. Set aside in a bowl.
- Slice snow peas thin on the bias. Slice carrots into thin matchsticks. Thinly slice the white bulb of scallions. Finely chop cilantro.
- In another bowl mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, curry powder, garlic powder and oil and set aside.
- Heat broth mixture in a non-stick frying pan. Cover and cook on high until boiling then lower to medium heat. Add the snow peas and carrots, and cook until snow peas turn bright green and carrots have softened. Turn off the heat. Add half the cilantro and cooked rice noodles and mix together. Cover.
- Spray another frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. In a small bowl mix the eggs with a fork vigorously until well combined. When the pan is hot, add eggs, stirring as it cooks. When completely cooked through, chop into small pieces with a fork.
- Add eggs to the rice noodle and vegetable mixture and mix together. Serve in individual bowls. Add the chopped scallions and remaining cilantro on top as a garnish.