Vegetarian Egg Fried Rice
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 cup fresh carrots
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1 cup extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- Mince garlic and ginger root. Slice carrots. Dice yellow onion and tofu. Chop cilantro and green onions.
- Beat eggs then sauté in a skillet like an omelet. Chop cooked eggs into pieces and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over moderate heat. Stir in garlic, ginger, carrots, yellow onion, tofu, peas, and dry mustard.
- When carrots are softened, add rice, chopped eggs and soy sauce. Mix, and turn off heat.
- Stir in cilantro and green onions.