Crispy Tortilla Pizza
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms
- 2 flour tortillas, 8-inch size
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spray
- 4 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 2 ounces grilled chicken
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Set cream cheese out to soften. Chop broccoli; slice onion and mushrooms.
Spray both sides of each flour tortilla with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spray and place on an aluminum foil covered baking tray.
Bake both tortillas in the oven until golden brown, flipping tortillas as needed, for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove tortillas from the oven and spread each with 1 ounce of cream cheese.
Add 2 tablespoons marinara sauce to each tortilla and spread until covered.
Slice chicken and layer 1 ounce of chicken on each tortilla then top with vegetables.
Reheat in 400º F oven for approximately 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
Remove from oven, cut into quarters and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 290
- Protein 15 g
- Carbohydrates 26 g
- Fat 14 g
- Cholesterol 56 mg
- Sodium 390 mg
- Potassium 370 mg
- Phosphorus 146 mg
- Calcium 51 mg
- Fiber 1.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 meat
- 2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- 1 fat
- Compare brands and buy the lowest sodium tortillas and marinara sauce. Low-sodium tomato sauce can be used instead of marinara sauce to further reduce sodium.
- Lower fat cream cheese can be used but the sodium and phosphorus content will be higher.