- CKD non-dialysis
1 slice (1/6 of pizza)
1-1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces low-sodium tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil, sugar and flour to make dough. Place in a greased bowl, cover and set aside.
Combine tomato paste, 1/2 cup water, garlic powder, Italian seasonings and remaining oil in a small saucepan and simmer 5 minutes.
Chop onion and bell pepper.
Brown meat with black pepper and crushed red pepper in a skillet. Drain off fat. Add onion and green pepper.
Grease a pizza pan or a 17” x 14” baking sheet . Press dough onto pan or sheet. Spread sauce, meat mixture and cheese over dough. Bake for 20 minutes or until dough and cheese are golden brown.
Cut into 6 slices.