Pimento Cream Cheese Sandwiches
- CKD non-dialysis
1/4 cup spread, 2 slices bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon canned pimento
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices white bread
- Allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature.
- Dice pimento. In a bowl combine cream cheese, pimento, sugar and pepper.
- Mix with a hand mixer or wire whisk until cream cheese mixture is smooth and easy to spread.
- Measure out 1/4-cup mixture and spread on white bread to make a sandwich.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 333
- Protein 7 g
- Carbohydrates 29 g
- Fat 21 g
- Cholesterol 62 mg
- Sodium 483 mg
- Potassium 153 mg
- Phosphorus 123 mg
- Calcium 136 mg
- Fiber 1.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- For additional protein, add 1 scoop of whey protein powder when blending ingredients together.
- The cream cheese is easier to work with when softened, making it easier to spread on the bread.
- If you are making only one sandwich, store remaining pimento cream cheese in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- For more variety try different types of bread such as rye or whole wheat.