- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 cup onion
- 12 dinner rolls, sweet, Hawaiian
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Chop onion. Slice rolls in half and set aside.
- Divide ground beef into 12 patties, making them slightly larger in diameter than the rolls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in oil until translucent. Stir mustard into onions.
- Place ground beef patties on top of the onions and fry until done, pressing down so that the onions will press into the patties.
- Place a patty in each roll and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 210
- Protein 14 g
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Fat 9 g
- Cholesterol 52 mg
- Sodium 153 mg
- Potassium 193 mg
- Phosphorus 120 mg
- Calcium 13 mg
- Fiber 0.2 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Serve as an appetizer or double up for a main entree.