- CKD non-dialysis
- 24 chicken wing drummettes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place chicken wings in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add all ingredients and shake to mix and coat.Refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Place wing drummettes in a baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Check for doneness.
- Serve hot or place in a covered warming dish or crock pot on low setting until ready to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 136
- Protein 11 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Fat 8 g
- Cholesterol 34 mg
- Sodium 224 mg
- Potassium 99 mg
- Phosphorus 68 mg
- Calcium 9 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Regular soy sauce and teriyaki sauce are extremely high in sodium. Reduced-sodium soy sauce and teriyaki sauce contain less sodium, but are still considered high in sodium content. Be cautious to use only the amount required in the recipe.
- Buy fresh wing drummettes at the grocery. A 1-1/4 pound package contains 12 drummettes. If unavailable, ask your butcher to cut whole chicken wings into drummette size.
- Boneless chicken pieces may be used in this recipe. Check for doneness after 20 minutes.