- 8 ounces canned fruit cocktail, with juice
- 2 scoops of vanilla-flavored whey protein powder
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Divide into 2 portions and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 186
- Protein 23 g
- Carbohydrates 19 g
- Fat 2 g
- Cholesterol 41 mg
- Sodium 62 mg
- Potassium 282 mg
- Phosphorus 118 mg
- Calcium 160 mg
- Fiber 1.1 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 1 fruit, low potassium
- This recipe uses fruit cocktail canned in juice. For a higher calorie smoothie use fruit cocktail packed in light or heavy syrup. For lower calories use fruit canned in water or with artificial sweetener.
- Refrigerate or freeze extra serving for later.
- Ask your dietitian about the best whey protein to use. Products vary in calcium, potassium and phosphorus content.