Vanilla Root Beer Delight
6 ounces (3/4 cup)
- 1-1/2 liquid nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup sugar-free French vanilla flavored liquid nondairy creamer
- 3 scoops Nectar Brand Vanilla Bean Torte® protein powder
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1/2 cup diet root beer soda
- Pour both nondairy creamers into a blender.
- Add protein powder and root beer extract and blend.
- Pour mixture into 4 cups.
- Slowly add 2 tablespoons root beer soda. Enjoy!
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 260
- Protein 18 g
- Carbohydrates 18 g
- Fat 13 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 172 mg
- Potassium 170 mg
- Phosphorus 109 mg
- Calcium 64 mg
- Fiber 0 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1 nondairy milk substitute
- 1/2 high calorie
- Select Coffee Rich® nondairy creamer or a low phosphorus brand recommended by your dietitian.
- A & W® is an acceptable brand of root beer for a kidney diet because there are no phosphate additives.
- When soda is added mixture will foam, so add slowly and stop until bubbles reduce if needed to prevent bubbling over.