Baked Chicken Salad
- CKD non-dialysis
1/6 of recipe
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup canned water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
- 1 cup chow mein noodles, crushed
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Drain.
- Dice chicken. Measure 2 cups to use in the recipe.
- Drain and rinse mushrooms.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for chow mein noodles. Mix well.
- Place in a greased 9" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle noodles on top.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Slice into 6 equal portions and serve.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 298
- Protein 16 g
- Carbohydrates 9 g
- Fat 22 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Sodium 283 mg
- Potassium 192 mg
- Phosphorus 117 mg
- Calcium 34 mg
- Fiber 0.9 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 2 meat
- 1/2 starch
- 1/2 vegetable, low potassium
- 2 fat
- Makes a nice entrée for brunch.
- Use fat-free sour cream, fat-free mayonnaise and low-fat chow mein noodles to lower fat to 3 grams and calories to 150 per serving.
- Sodium varies between brands. Compare labels and choose the lowest sodium brand of mushrooms, mayonnaise, water chestnuts and chow mein noodles.
- Try this dish hot or cold.