Chicken and Summer Vegetable Kebabs
- CKD non-dialysis
1 large kebab or 2 small kebabs
- 1 tablespoon peach jam
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs (6 thighs)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- To make marinade, measure peach jam into a small microwave safe bowl and heat for 10 to 15 seconds to liquefy. Add olive oil, lemon juice, Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Rinse chicken thighs and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each thigh into 4 pieces and place in a zip-lock bag.
- Add 3 tablespoons marinade to chicken pieces. (Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade to use on vegetables.) Seal zip-lock bag and refrigerate to marinate.
- Cut vegetables into even bite-sized pieces for kebabs (zucchini-8 slices; yellow squash-8 slices; red pepper-16 pieces; onion-varies). Place in a medium bowl and add reserved marinade. Stir to coat vegetable pieces.
- Thread vegetables and chicken pieces onto skewers (4 large or 8 small skewers).
- Heat barbeque grill to medium heat. Place skewers on the grill and cook covered for 12 to 15 minutes. Turn skewers 2 or 3 times to cook evenly.