Chicken in Wine Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
1 chicken thigh
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in, with skin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® seasoning blend, any flavor
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium flame on stove.
Measure out flour and place in a dish. If you like, you may add any of the Mrs. Dash® seasoning blends to the flour, or just the black pepper.
Dredge the chicken in the flour and place in the hot oil. Cook until lightly browned.
In the same pan, add garlic and white wine.
Cover and cook on low heat approximately 20 minutes, making sure that when a knife is inserted, juice runs clear, not red. Check the chicken periodically and add additional wine if pan is dry.
Serve chicken topped with wine sauce.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 258
- Protein 17 g
- Carbohydrates 7 g
- Fat 18 g
- Cholesterol 79 mg
- Sodium 73 mg
- Potassium 214 mg
- Phosphorus 151 mg
- Calcium 16 mg
- Fiber 0.3 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 1/2 starch
- 1-1/2 fat
- After chicken is floured if you let it stand for 15 to 20 minutes the flour will adhere to chicken pieces better.
- You can add thin-cut low-potassium vegetables to the oil in the beginning as desired. Try shredded carrots or julienne zucchini.
- Refrigerate or freeze individual portions of leftover chicken and reheat for a quick meal later.
- Mrs. Dash® seasoning blends are available in a variety of flavors and are very low sodium, potassium and phosphorus.