Chicken Pasta with Brussels Sprouts
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts
- 1-1/2 cups cooked whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- Chop the green onions and red peppers.
- Trim the ends off the Brussels sprouts and boil or steam until just tender.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package but omitting the salt.
- While pasta is cooking, drain Brussels sprouts and set aside.
- Heat butter and oil and sauté green onions in skillet.
- Add red peppers and Brussels sprouts, stirring until just golden on the edges.
- Add soy sauce and let vegetable mixture stand covered until pasta is done.
- Heat chicken in microwave if needed.
- Toss pasta, chicken and cooked vegetables in a bowl.
- Serve immediately while hot.