- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces grilled chicken
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, diced large
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
Blend olive oil, vinegar, onion, garlic and spices in a blender or food processor to make the marinade.
Cut chicken into 1-1/2" cubes and place into a zip-top bag. Pour marinade over chicken and seal bag.
Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
Place cubed chicken on skewers. Discard remaining marinade.
Grill over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning as needed, until meat is cooked through.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 279
- Protein 24 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Fat 19 g
- Cholesterol 75 mg
- Sodium 72 mg
- Potassium 265 mg
- Phosphorus 179 mg
- Calcium 26 mg
- Fiber 0.7 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- Try this recipe with a combination of chicken breast and thigh meat, or substitute chicken with beef, pork or lamb, if desired.
- Food safety guidelines recommend cooking chicken to an internal temperature of 180° F.
- Adjust portion size according to your meal plan for a higher- or lower-protein diet.