Easy Chicken and Pasta Dinner
- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup pasta, 2-1/2 oz chicken, 2/3 cup vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups cooked pasta, any shape
- 5 ounces cooked chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium Italian dressing
In a nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and sauté zucchini and peppers until tender-crisp. Remove to a plate.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Heat cooked pasta and chicken strips in microwave in separate dishes.
- Toss pasta with Italian dressing. Top with chicken strips and sautéed vegetables.
Nutrients per serving
- Calories 400
- Protein 30 g
- Carbohydrates 45 g
- Fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 60 mg
- Sodium 328 mg
- Potassium 455 mg
- Phosphorus 270 mg
- Calcium 33 mg
- Fiber 3.5 g
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
- 3 meat
- 2-1/2 starch
- 1 vegetable, medium potassium
- Do some pre-preparation to make this into a quick dinner. Cook a large pot of pasta, drain and refrigerate for use in this dish and other pasta dishes.
- Broil or barbeque a pound of chicken breasts or thighs. Refrigerate and use for this recipe and other chicken dishes during the week.
- If you require a lower protein diet adjust the portion of chicken in this dish.